Visa Requirements

There is information and help available for students who require a visa to study in the USA.

Student Immigration

As an international student or foreign national, you will generally need a visa to enter the USA for any length of time. The visa category for most international students is F1, and we have more information on that and other categories below. International students’ visas are issued and regulated by USCIS, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service, and the whole process of obtaining a visa to either study in the USA or to work can be quite daunting. The International Student Visa and Immigration Center has been established to provide our students with the right information concerning their student or work visa.

There are general requirements to gain entry into the USA, in addition to the specific requirements of each visa category. In general, you must be:

  • Healthy - No inoculations are required to enter the US, unless you were recently in a country with epidemics such as cholera and yellow fever.
  • Law-abiding - Criminal behavior is grounds for deportation.
  • Able to support yourself financially during your stay.
  • You intend to leave the US after you complete your studies.

You can also contact our Student Immigration team for visa information and help.

Learn more about the three main student visas for the USA, how to apply and when they are needed:

F1 Student Visa

The F1 Visa is the most popular/ common visa that is issued to incoming students into the USA. Generally, it is issued to students who are coming to the USA to study on an academic program or to come to learn English as a Second Language. F1 students must maintain full-time student status.

J1 Student Visa

The J1 Visa is issued to students who need to have practical training as part of the academic program; however, there is also a large program called the “Work/ Travel Program” under the J1 Visa where students can come to the USA for three to four months to gain employment and travel the USA.

M1 Student Visa

An M1 visa is issued to a student who is going to attend a non-academic or vocational school.

Green Card Lottery

Learn all about the USA Green Card Lottery program, also known as the US Diversity Lottery.

H-1B Visa

An H-1B visa is commonly issued to non-US citizens who will be working in specialty occupations that require a high theoretical or technical experience.

EB-5 Visa

The EB-5 Visa, also known as the Immigrant Investor Visa, was created to give immigrants a chance to gain permanent US residency through a one-time investment.

Career Services Offered by Woodland California

Facts & Figures 2018 - 2019


Career Development Sessions


Alumnis linked with us through 'Alumni Network'


Graduates employed through career centre


Employers associated with Woodland California

Our Students are Preferred by Top Employers

Student Remarks about Career Centre Facilities

I completed my Master’s in Business Administration from University of Woodland California in the year 2018. I liked the faculty, their teaching methodology and most importantly their career center services. While I was a student at the university, I was offered an internship through the university in a multinational firm. After graduation, I got a job through their career placement services. Overall I am satisfied with the teaching facilities and services of the university.

Richard Lasley
Class of 2018

I felt great while studying at University of Woodland California which has provided me great career opportunities and facilities. I became a part of their alumni network later and started networking with the existing students to help them understand the real business world.

George Floyd
Class of 2017

Call Us: 1-866-910-8733